Wednesday 7 March 2012

'Intention' - Illustration Friday

I recently on a weekend away to Brighton with the sole intention of getting more than a bit drunk and enjoying the nightlife there. However, I found I wanted to explore the seaside more, and do the proper British things like chips on the pier, and going on funfair rides whilst eating candyfloss. Which we did and I had the most fun ever!

This is the helter skelter at the end of Brighton Pier, looks like it's fresh out of the 1950's doesn't it?

The drawing I did with pen on paper, which I scanned and coloured digitally. It was quite a challenge and rather fiddly though!

5 comments:

  1. Terrific illustration! I haven't seen the original but wow, it's kind of crazy. Lovely line work and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Never been to Brighton but it seems like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is fantastic - great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, it almost looks like its moving, it looks very fiddly but worth it i'd say! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration, hope you enjoyed the chips on the pier :)

    ReplyDelete