Sunday 4 September 2011

something i've been meaning to finish...

The scanned file of this has been sitting on my laptop for about a month now, it was high time I did something with it!

I wanted to try and illustrate the front covers for some of my all time favourite books, and these books happen to be nearly all by Haruki Murakami. If you haven't read any of his work please please do, it's sublime.

'Kafka on the Shore' is by far my favourite book in the entire Universe, and illustrating the front cover scared the living daylights out of me. I won't divulge into the story so you'll have to go and read it, you shan't be disappointed.

This is what I have so far, I want to change the title around, but the bottom half I'm really pleased with. I've also started a cover for 'After Dark', also by Murakami, so we shall see what happens with that in the coming days...

... what book cover would you illustrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment